You may have noticed my nearly 3 year absence. I am still alive, obviously. Still treating with my same amazing doctor who is located about an 8 hour drive away. So, let's see... What happened in the last 3 years?
We will start with bullet points, and then hopefully I can update in more detail as I keep fighting.
- I have been on antibiotics and similar meds since I began treatment. We have to rotate my cocktails so my body will continue to fight and not get too used to the same meds.
- I no longer have Babesia. No more Mepron! That might be the best thing to report.
- The Bart is most likely dead. Some of my pain comes from
beinggetting to live to 31. I am learning to differentiate pain from the illness or pain from getting older and having endured sports injuries and the sort from being a kid.
- I have Persistent Lyme.
- This means that I might have other infections too, but mostly that I have some serious work still to do.
- My best friend and caregiver who also happens to be a talented playwright and actor and I decided that we need to share our experiences.
- WE WROTE A PLAY!!!!
- I will be checking in more often and I may transfer this blog to another site.
I know that this is short for a 3 year catch up, but my hands still aren't the greatest.