Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Sleep

Somewhere along the line... perhaps with the winter daylight times, I started going to bed obscenely early. I always was a night owl. It served me well when I could work. My best hours began somewhere between 9 and 10 at night. Now I am falling about by late afternoon. And instead of waking with the sun, like one would expect, I am waking up 2 hours prior. I know I need sleep to heal and I take it when I can get it, because it is rather hard to come by for me. This is ridiculous. I must figure out how to fix this. I know it is partially due to the morning phone calls I wrote about the other day. I just had to be cohesive enough to talk to the bureaucrats who run my life. I started by needing to make calls at 8. In the world of POTS or NCS or whatever you want to call it...(Lyme sxs) one must prep her body for an unusual amount of time in order to correctly communicate her needs and understand in turn, what she is being told. I have had to do this since high school. Getting up was a 2 hour process. I had to have my alarm then snooze, once, maybe twice, then juice or salt or both. Then I walked, crawled, or fell downstairs to a tv. I had to watch mindlessness for an hour before I could steadily stand, speak, eat, and get cleaned up. 
Thankfully, I don't have to worry about getting cleaned up each day before I make calls. The shower has always been a dangerous place for me. I can't have the water too hot lest I pass out. Too cold and my body goes into a shock-like state with tremors beyond normal shivering. 

I cannot wait until things are just in order and I can get back to my normal, productive schedule. 

In the meantime, I don't want to see 3 or 4 am from the front end for a while. I would much prefer to be up and working until then. (Hint: I never ever worked a 9 to 5. But I most certainly worked, and hard.)

No comments:

Post a Comment