Tuesday, May 21, 2013

May Day 21 Lyme Awareness (Sorta)


Symptoms
  1. Symptoms or diagnosis of Lou Gehrig’s Disease/ALS
  2. Symptoms or diagnosis of Restless Leg Syndrome
  3. Symptoms or diagnosis of Rheumatoid Arthritis
  4. Numbness

Now we have officially made our way into symptoms of co-infections. I will start with Babesia (Babesiosis). Many are repeats from Lyme, which gets confusing, I know. 
  1. 5. Unexplained chills

  1. 6. Will shiver even in summer weather with high temperatures. 

  1. 7. Unexplained fevers. Sometimes high fevers

  1. 8. Fatigue

  1. 9. Excessive sleepiness


And again, due to the diseases taking their toll, I will fall short of my goals. I will hopefully be able to compile facts soon but today is not that day.

I have been working my but off trying to get the meds for treatment all the while dealing with severe 'unknown' abdominal pain. I use the quotation marks, because my LLMD is certain it is my appendix and that I need to see a surgeon, but from the distance he is, cannot refer me to one. The doctors here are just trying to give me hard core pain killers and not treat the problem. I have continued to refuse the pain killers which is mostly met by dumbfounded looks from ER doctors and staff who are so used to people only coming in for them.

And on a somewhat separate note, the fundraiser to help me start treatment is finally in the triple digits! $939.91
If you can help that to be reached by the end of the month, that would be fantastic, if not, please share with anyone and everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment