Wednesday, March 20, 2013

First LLMD visit

Well we made it 9 hours there and back to my first REAL LLMD appointment. Kids, don't be fooled; just because a doctor is nice about Lyme, doesn't mean he knows what you need for treatment and getting back to health. Please find a trained Lyme Literate doctor!

Positive diagnoses of Lyme (blood and clinical diagnosis), Bartonella, and Babesia. Test to be ordered for other co infections. But I will have to raise the funding for them. 

During the neurological exam, well, after really, I feel into the corner of the cabinet and got a nice little cut on my scalp. I couldn't stop laughing at myself. I had to have the nurse bring me ice. 

We learned that pretty much everything done to treat the false diagnosis caused the Lyme to dig in deeper and take an even stronger hold on my system. Basically, every single part of my body is infected. 

First thing on the agenda is to stop current antibiotic treatment. I must begin sleeping again and stop loosing weight if I can even hope to kill off the bacteria. He wants to see me in person in 5 weeks after I get the new meds going. Anyone up for a long road trip? I could really use a ride. 

Overwhelmed, yet oddly hopeful, I will leave you with a song by a friend of mine. 



Alisa Turner, It's Not Over

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're dealing with this, Erin. Thanks for sharing!

    Merriam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I do not know you but since your story was brought to me through Debbie from your church and realized I knew Samn (if you know Canaan, she is one of my close friends), I want to help. Let me know if you need rides, I work part time and could possibly help.

    Ryan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Ryan, thank you so very much! I am slowly developing a list of Erin's Army. People who offer rides or cooking or other chores. If you could message me your info at alymewarrior@gmail.com, I will certainly take you up on that. Bless you!

      Delete