Monday, December 10, 2012

Concentration

Do you know what is odd?
Having a conversation. Like normal people do, but not following. Even a simple topic. In normal conversations one person says something and the other responds. 
I totally forgot why my friend would say what she said. I can feel my neuro symptoms sinking in. I am typing letters where they don't belong (thank goodness for the squiggly red line). If you've noticed that my posts aren't always focused, it is because I only get a limited amount of time before my brain quits one topic and moves on without even asking me. 

(I was speaking with a college friend recently who noted that she read a book by a man with, I think, alzheimers. He wrote what he experienced while he experienced it. I think I might attempt to do this and move away from the updates... If I can remember..)

This is very typical of my communication lately. Well, life in general. I got stuck in the shower this afternoon because I could not remember why I was in there, not to mention the steps to washing my hair and getting clean. Even tonight. I sat down to do my Christmas cards hours ago. Now writing is hard on my hands so I kind of expected that to take a while, but my level of distraction has been out of this world. My pain has progress to that point of numbness I spoke of in my last post so everything seems to have stopped as well. I started conversations with fellow Lymies on Facebook, ate dinner, went and found my scarf loom when I suddenly remembered where it was (important to do before I forget again), responded to some important emails, worked on a new scarf (for just a few minutes), watched (still watching) Monday Night Football (though I keep forgetting who has the ball which is very unusual for me), had the following conversation, and then decided to write about it. And since that decision (and starting this sentence) I have stopped several time to remember what exactly I am trying to do. And with that I will leave and attempt to finish those cards...

So here is the conversation:

omg caitlin i am looooosing my mind. in th last five minutes i have spilt my coke on the carpet, tangled myself im my laptop cord, triped over said laptop, cleaned up said coke, then tangled the yarn around myself and laptop cord, THEN lost my crochet hook...
oh no
lol
damn that coke
well its gone now
lol
i love pepsi
coke is too "spicy" and fizzy for me
9:07pm
omg i forgot what i said and i was thinking well thats out of the blue caitlin, but im glad you like pepsi....
then i remembered.
pepsi is too lemony for me





2 comments:

  1. You've been nominated for a Liebster award! :) Come check it out - http://lymielou.blogspot.com/2012/12/creative-musings-toothpaste-bread.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay! Thank you! I have taken a look at everything, but haven't been able to get to this quite yet. Hopefully soon. :)

      Delete